Alexander Court Care Home
60 Cornwall Road
North Yorkshire HG1 2NE
Tel: 01423 564 701
Fax: 01423 523 539
Contact: Rebecca Monareng
Welcome To Alexander Court Care Home
For over 40 years Alexander Court has provided accommodation similar to a hotel exclusively for the elderly, in the beautiful spa town of Harrogate. The home is situated in a quiet residential area, close to the famous Valley Gardens yet within easy reach of the town centre.
Alexander Court is set in beautifully sheltered, landscaped gardens, complete with patios, an ornamental pond and water features. The gardens are a pleasure throughout the year and in 2007 Alexander Court was awarded the Harrogate in Bloom Gold Award and the Yorkshire in Bloom Bronze Award.
The Lounges and Dining Room are furnished in a traditional style in sympathy with the beautiful original features. The conservatory is a haven of tranquility where the gardens can be enjoyed whatever the weather.
Summary of Services
Care Home With Nursing, Convalascent/Post-Operative Care, Huntington’s Disease Care, Physical Disability, Early Stage Dementia.
Nursing & Medical Care
- Personal Care Plan
- Personal Key Worker
- GP Permanently On Call
- Continue With Your Own GP
- District Nurses Visit
- Optician Visits
- Dietician Visits
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Complementary Therapy Services
Care & Home Services
Our manager is supported by skilled qualified nurses and care staff who are trained to NVQ 2 to 3 levels. We provide 24-hour nursing care, with the emphasis not only on care, but also to provide a loving and caring atmosphere. The full-time housekeeping team includes an in-house chef and a full complement of kitchen and laundry staff. The home has a planned staff teaching plan, policy and programme to ensure that quality care is maintained at all times.
Activities & Entertainment
- Daily pre-lunch sherry and get together
- Weekly afternoon tea in the conservatory
- Afternoon tea in the tea garden in the summer
- Monthly Holy Communion Service
- Sunday hymns
- Regular musical entertainers
- Cards and dominoes
- Mobile beauty parlour
- General knowledge quizzes
- Bingo and musical bingo
- Musical quizzes
- Ladies hairdressing salon
- Gentleman’s barber
- Residents’ shop
- Exercise to music twice a week
- A different activity every weekday.
- 3 lifts and wheelchair access to all areas
- 3 separate lounges
- Victorian Lounge
- Quiet Library Lounge
- Activities Lounge
- Hairdressing Salon and Gentlemans Barber
- Residents Shop and Library
- Large Conservatory
- Wide range of social activities
- Organised trips into town
- Visits from opticians, dentists and chiropodists
- Car parking available for residents and guests.
All the rooms at Alexander Court are tastefully decorated and fully furnished to a high standard. All residents are welcome to bring their own furniture to create that special ‘home-from-home’ atmosphere. Television points and personal telephones can be arranged. Residents are also allowed pets, although they have to be approved first. A large number of rooms have en-suite bathrooms. Our ground floor rooms have an external door leading to the garden and other rooms have balconies giving beautiful views of the grounds. In case of emergency, there is an emergency nurse call system throughout the building and pendant bells are also available.
Restaurant & Dining Facilities
- Fresh, nutritious and varied cuisine
- Three course lunch
- Daily change of menu
- Room service available
- Meals served outside in good weather
- Assistance with feeding available
- Beverages available throughout the day
- Visitors welcome during meals for a small charge
- Vegetarian and special diets catered for.
- Landscaped gardens
- Sitting areas
- Pathways suitable for wheelchairs
- Secure garden.
Safety and specialist features
- 24-hour nurse call system
- Smoke detectors
- Thermostatic radiators
- Indoor and outdoor wheelchair access
- Lifts and specially equipped bathrooms
- Full-time Maintenance Officer.
If you would like to send an enquiry message directly to us, please fill in the form below or alternatively contact us using the details at the top of the page.
How To Find Us
Alexander Court Care Home, 60 Cornwall Road, Harrogate HG1 2NE.
Phone: 01423 564 701
We’re located just 15 minutes from Harrogate station, and just outside the city centre.